Friday, January 21, 2011

The Gospel for OC

Hi Friends,

As some of you already know, at the beginning of this year (aka 21 days ago), I started writing for a blog called The Gospel for OC. My first post went live a few days ago so we are off and running.

When the proposition to provide a female voice for this blog was made, my immediate thought was "YA RIGHT! There are 578,302 girls I could find on the STREET that are more qualified to write for a Christian blog than I am."

And maybe that's true. However, God used the coming weeks to really work on my heart and show me that this was not about me and my gifts or talents. This was about Him. I realized that pouring out the things I struggle with and the thoughts I have could be beneficial to someone else's journey with Christ. My inadequacy was all I had to bring to the table, and that was enough. He laid this verse on my heart and I have been thinking of it since:

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'”-2 Corinthians 12:9

His power is made perfect in my weakness.

It was a whirlwind of different thoughts and emotions when it all came to be, but I know that God's plan for this blog is so grand and I'm honored to be a part of that. After meeting with Chris, the editor, and a bunch of writers and volunteers who are making this happen, it solidified that this is something wise to invest time into. The ultimate mission that these guys have? God's glory.

That being said, please check out the blog, look around, leave some comments, but more importantly, be praying for what the future of this blog holds.

For His glory,
Rach


No comments:

Post a Comment